[Wikimedia-l] Doctors use, but don’t rely totally on, Wikipedia

Richard Symonds richard.symonds at wikimedia.org.uk
Tue Apr 24 16:37:20 UTC 2012

All,

We think you might find our latest blog post interesting. It's about
research in which an online survey of medical staff at two large hospital
trusts in England was conducted. Nearly all the 109 responses included
free-text comments.

Unsurprisingly, the respondents - all medical professionals - all consult
Wikipedia.

Worth a read, I think! It's at
http://blog.wikimedia.org.uk/2012/04/doctors-use-but-dont-rely-totally-on-wikipedia/

We owe a big thanks to Suzanne Hardy of Newcastle
University<http://www.medev.ac.uk/> for
bringing the research to our attention, and Dr David Mathieson of the
University of Nottingham for help with this summary. Big thanks also go to
Martin Poulter, who facilitated things at our end.

All the best,

Richard Symonds
Office & Development Manager
Wikimedia UK
0207 065 0992
07885 764 613

Wikimedia UK is the operating name of Wiki UK Limited, a Company Limited by
Guarantee registered in England and Wales, Registered No. 6741827.
Registered Charity No.1144513. Registered Office 4th Floor, Development
House,  56-64 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom.
Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of the Wikimedia Foundation (who
operate Wikipedia,
amongst other projects). It is an independent non-profit organization with
no legal control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.

Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk