[Wikimedia-l] We're Almost There!

Audrey Abeyta audrey.abeyta at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 01:03:45 UTC 2012

Dear Wikipedia contributors,

In the past few weeks, I have reached out to this community on
numerous occasions,
requesting help with my undergraduate honors thesis, which examines
Wikipedians’ motivations to contribute. For anyone who would like more
information about this project, a detailed description can be found here:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Motivations_to_Contribute_to_Wikipedia
.

In my last email, I mentioned that I hoped to attain a sample size of at
least 100 Wikipedians, but had only received 52 responses. I am ecstatic to
report that I now have 82 responses – just 18 responses short of the
targeted sample size. If you have not taken the
questionnaire<https://us1.us.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_8ixU9RkozemzC4s>,
please consider donating approximately five minutes of your time to
complete it.

I am so grateful for the Wikipedia community’s support in this project and
will make a final draft of the paper available to the community.

If you have any questions or concerns about this study, please contact
Audrey Abeyta at audrey.abeyta at gmail.com.

Thank you in advance for your participation!

Audrey

UC Santa Barbara | Department of Communication

audrey.abeyta at gmail.com