[Wikimedia-l] Editor retention implies social features

Captain Harlock theendlessodyssey at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 15:39:27 UTC 2012

hi,

Please do thank the journalist concerned. I agree with the line of
reasoning.But I sway away from one of his conclusions.

> So I think the answer is that Wikipedia needs to be more social. It needs a
> different kind of moderation. And it needs more mechanisms for positive
> feedback.

Wikipedia does need a different kind of moderation and more mechanisms for
positive feedback but do not think that the reasoning makes the case for
making it more social.

Harlock.