[Wikimedia-l] ombudsmen commission

Thomas Goldammer thogol at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 23 12:49:41 UTC 2012

2012/4/23 Thehelpfulone <thehelpfulonewiki at gmail.com>:
> Touché. I believe that if the process is going to be put on Meta we do need actual numbers as opposed to your guesstimations. Hopefully this shouldn't be too difficult to sort out, if you do some searches on Gmail for all the emails that you have received in the last year from the mailing list you should be able to get a better number of the volume of emails that you got overall in the year.

Nope. Thomas should just create the page and format it so we can
easily fill in the numbers for 2012. (If he doesn't want, anyone else
can do that as well, of course. ^^) Let's just begin with this sort of
statistics now, for 2012, and let's not do 2011. It's just too much
work to dig everything out again just for counting some numbers.
Please bear in mind that it's just statistics anyway. It really
doesn't matter if it were 28 or 32 requests (or any other number
around that) in 2011.

> I don't think that OTRS is the necessarily the best option - unless you use it in collaboration with the mailing list, i.e someone sends a complaint to OTRS, the commission discusses on the mailing list and then send out a response to the user. You would be able to easily keep track of what tickets have been answered, but as far as I am aware the OTRS admins are technically able to view all the emails in any queues - so that would be another 12ish people plus devs that would be able to view the tickets. I'm not saying that they would, but bearing in mind a fair number of the OTRS admins are checkusers/oversighters themselves, I think there will be some issues with using OTRS.

Hm ok, if that's true, OTRS is clearly not an option. ^^

Th.