[Wikimedia-l] Funds Dissemination Committee: Your thoughts welcome

Chary, Meera meera.chary at bridgespan.org
Fri Apr 20 15:54:29 UTC 2012

Hello!

As many of you may know, the Wikimedia Foundation is working with The Bridgespan Group to develop a process for allocating movement funds to programs and other projects. As a part of this, the Board of Trustees resolved to create a Funds Dissemination Committee to make recommendations around how funds should be divided and allocated (see the resolution here [1]). Over the next months, we will be developing the FDC structure and clear processes around funds dissemination. As we do this, we invite you to share your thoughts on how this process can best support the movement's mission in a fair and transparent way.

We are hosting a forum for input on the Funds Dissemination Committee Community Engagement page [2] Meta. Visit this page or the FDC main page [3] if you would like to provide your thoughts and to find more information on how to get involved. Please provide your thoughts on Meta, as we are posting this announcement in several places and would like to collect input in one place.

Thanks!

Meera Chary, from The Bridgespan Team

[1] http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Funds_Dissemination_Committee
[2] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Funds_Dissemination_Committee/Community_Engagement
[3] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FDC

___________________NOTICE____________________________ This electronic mail transmission, including any attachments, contains confidential information of the Bridgespan Group ("Bridgespan") and/or its clients. It is intended only for the person(s) named, and the information in such e-mail shall only be used by the person(s) named for the purpose intended and for no other purpose. Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by any other persons, or by the person(s) named but for purposes other than the intended purpose, is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and then destroy this e-mail. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of Bridgespan shall be understood to be neither given nor endorsed by Bridgespan. When addressed to Bridgespan clients, any information contained in this e-mail shall be subject to the terms and conditions in the applicable client contract.