[Wikimedia-l] [Commons-l] [Commons-POTY-l] 10th anniversary of Wikimedia Commons

Tomasz Ganicz polimerek at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 22:05:19 UTC 2012

2012/4/17 とある白い猫 <to.aru.shiroi.neko at gmail.com>:
> Commons will be celebrating its 10th anniversary on 7 September 2014 and I
> feel this warrants a special occasion. We have about 1.5 years to prepare
> if we are going to plan on something.
>
> We already have POTY as an annual event so perhaps a "decade" event could
> be something interesting to consider.

Sure.. We have moving POTY gallery in Poland:

http://pl.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wystawa_fotografii_POTY

16 POTY pictures printed in A1 scale travels around Poland. Maybe we
could make on September a series of such gallery openings all over the
world? The cost of making such a gallery is not so big - just print
POTY pictures and then try to find a place to show it at any
university entrance, library entrance or art gallery in your city...
In Poland the cost for us was around 250 USD for printing A1 size
pictures + around 500 USD for printing leafleats and cost of
transfering the gallery from one city to another. Except promotion of
Wikimedia Commons - such a gallery is a good occasion to organise a
small meeting of local Wiki(m)(p)ednians interested in photography...

--
Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/