[Wikimedia-l] Editor retention implies social features

Anirudh Bhati anirudhsbh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 16:15:54 UTC 2012

I generally agree with what you have said, Yaroslav.

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 9:34 PM, Yaroslav M. Blanter <putevod at mccme.ru>wrote:

> Wikilove - fine, as a sign of appreciation (though I personally prefer
> appreciation written in plain English). Barnstars - ok.

But I do think we have taken the idea of "Wikilove" and "Barnstars" too
far.  They were good as they had existed previously, but now with the
integrated Wikilove feature, their value has depreciated, I am afraid.

It's not too difficult to find pages and pages littered with biscuits,
kittens and barnstars, just because it is too easy to give them out.