[Wikimedia-l] foundation-l is now wikimedia-l

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Apr 11 18:03:30 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Federico Leva (Nemo)
<nemowiki at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you. It's worth noting on
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Standardization>, where the
> mailman admins are/were setting up some conventions and defining a bunch of
> lists to be renamed, which will include Wikimedia-l given the -l suffix to
> be removed according to those standards.

Yeah, I'm aware of that page. I checked with Casey before going with
wikimedia-l. Given that the -l suffix is still in place with so many
lists, and given the pain involved in changing it, we agreed to keep
-l in place at least for root-level lists (project-level / meta-level,
like wikipedia-l, wikimedia-l and wikien-l), whereas new more
domain-specific lists are generally created without the -l suffix.

Erik

--
Erik Möller