[Wikimedia-l] Wiki Travel Guide

Sarah Stierch sarah.stierch at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 17:36:15 UTC 2012

I've been somewhat following this conversation - and this is totally
trivial, but, I love WikiTravel, use it whenever I do travel, and
actually, it was the first wiki I wrote content for (I used to only do
gnomish things on Wikipedia).[1]

I still, to this very day, remember the first time I was given a
compliment for my work on WikiTravel, by the co-founder, and that was
before they had adverts. It's one of the examples I frequently use about
how important praise on-wiki is. (It helped me stick around!)

I'd frankly be all about WikiTravel, and would really be interested in
seeing it be a part of the Wikimedia community, especially so I can
contribute to it ad free ;) . I know it'd open us up to a whole new can
of COI worms, I think it'd make for a really valuable resource and give
paid services and Frommer's/Lonely Planets a run for their "money."

-Sarah

[1] http://wikitravel.org/en/User:Missvain

--
*Sarah Stierch*
*/Wikimedia Foundation Community Fellow/*
<https://donate.wikimedia.org/><<