[Wikimedia-l] [Foundation-l] Volunteers Wanted: Funds Dissemination Process Advisory Group

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 12:09:41 UTC 2012

On 10 April 2012 12:57, Jan-Bart de Vreede <jdevreede at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Why do you insist that overhead on getting this right is unnecessary? Looking at the amount of money that this committee will distribute and the importance of getting it right I would argue that a significant investment is more than warranted.

Because nobody has told me why it is necessary. Of course we need to
get it right, but I don't think that requires this much time and money
to be dedicated to it. If it really does need it, then of course we
should spend it, but we shouldn't spend it without a very clear reason
for doing so.

I've asked a very simple question, could you answer it? What questions
do you want this process to answer? What it is about the FDC that we
don't yet know and need to devote a lot of time and money to working
out?