[Foundation-l] Wiki Travel Guide

Ziko van Dijk vandijk at wmnederland.nl
Mon Apr 9 18:17:34 UTC 2012

Hello,

Possibly, what is educational in Wikitravel (-voyage) can go into
Wikipedia, and what not, is not educational.
One might get problems with policies such as NOR and NPOV. I suppose
that they should be applied on Wiki Travel Guide, as on Wikipedia,
Wikibooks and other Wikimedia sites.

Kind regards
Ziko

2012/4/9 Juergen Fenn <schneeschmelze at googlemail.com>:
> Am 9. April 2012 06:50 schrieb James Heilman <jmh649 at gmail.com>:
>> The core group of editors at Wikitravel are interested in joining a WMF run
>> "Wiki Travel Guide". A proposal for creating such a project has been
>> outlined here http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Travel_Guide and would
>> develop from the content currently at wikitravel.org
>
> As I've just written on the talk page there: Frankly speaking, I don't
> think we need another wiki on travelling as there already is
> Wikivoyage. Wikivoyage is a fork of Wikitravel that was created when
> Wikitravel went commercial. It is run under a free CC-by-sa licence,
> and it is ready to add new language projects. German editors of
> Wikivoyage most probably will not change to a WMF project. So the
> question is why the editors of English Wikitravel won't rather come
> over and join Wikivoyage? It would be a rather bad idea to split
> communities instead of joining them together. To my mind Wikivoyage is
> the place where to gather travel information.
>
> Regards,
> Jürgen (contributing to both Wikipedia and Wikivoyage).
>
> PS. I'll tell the German Wikvoyage community about this discussion.

Vereniging Wikimedia Nederland
dr. Ziko van Dijk, voorzitter
http://wmnederland.nl/

Wikimedia Nederland