[Foundation-l] help.wikimedia.org - Q&A site

Jan Kučera kozuch82 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 11:28:00 UTC 2012

FD seem to collect lots of crappy feedback...

Why WMF promis always think a wiki interface will save the world? It
definitely will not, because newbies will never touch this
interface... and this is a BIG BIG problem nobody wants to
acknowledge. We do need services that are easier to use than a wiki
is... OMG can nobody understand this simple thing? And yes, it
actually may be cheaper to develop such interfaces from scratch...
than to try to bend MediaWiki over and over again.

Teahouse is a good concept but in wrong software environment (wikitext
and MediaWiki again).

Why is LiquidThreads on hold? Who stopped it? Things are going to hell
again then... This project was a light in the end of a tunnel...
unfortunatelly the "consesnus-based" community probably blew it up...
because there were few NO-sayers who sent this promising projet to the
hell...