[Foundation-l] New Project Process

Samuel Klein sj at wikimedia.org
Tue Apr 3 04:40:28 UTC 2012

With the launch of the WikiData effort, I am reminded that we should
return to our early willingness to experiment with new project ideas.
This means both starting new types of projects (like commons, like
wikidata!) and closing / archiving / spinning off projects (like the
sep11 wiki).

Two things I would love to see in the near future:
 - a fixed new-project process, and at least one proposal evaluated
through it.  Starting to work through the backlog of new project
ideas/requests that have existing active projects elsewhere
 - a global list of areas needing free knowledge, and how far we are
as a society towards reaching that goal

SJ