[Foundation-l] foundation-l Digest, Vol 96, Issue 95

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 21:15:06 UTC 2012

phoebe ayers, 01/04/2012 07:49:
> In the meantime, if there are any questions for us (as a board) or for
> individual trustees I encourage you simply to send those along, either
> to me (if you want them to go to the whole board, as I will pass them
> along) or privately. That would help make sure that we can address the
> questions people actually have, rather than speculating. It sounds
> like people are interested in individual trustee motives. I do think
> it's better if trustees individually write/talk about where they are
> coming from, rather than trying to put that information in an official
> document like the minutes, where everything is condensed and there is
> the possibility of misrepresentation.

Misrepresentation is a risk also for "majority views": minutes are
always partial but they're supposed to explain or briefly highlight how
the body came to some conclusion. Individual members should also be able
to submit a few lines of explanation summarizing their view, if they
want (again, I don't know if some of them actually wants, but they
should definitely be allowed to).

> Nemo, thanks for sending around the notes -- that's quite helpful! I
> think we have some notes that Joslyn took too, I'll see if there is
> anything I can add from that (though etherpad still doesn't seem to
> work well in my browser - boo.)

Don't use HTTPS! Unless the editing is still hectic (I doubt so), we
could just immediately move those on Meta, which is their final
destination anyway.

Nemo