[Foundation-l] Show community consensus for Wikilove

Liam Wyatt liamwyatt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 07:50:51 UTC 2011

On 31 October 2011 07:14, MZMcBride <z at mzmcbride.com> wrote:

> Craig Franklin wrote:
> > Personally, I find the whole "WikiLove" extension to be a bit naff and
> > schmaltzy.  I'm generally not thrilled when I get a WikiLove kitten or
> > anything, just like I'm not touched that my local member of Parliament
> has
> > thought to send me a form letter about how hard they're working for me.
> >  It's harmless enough though, I just choose to ignore it.
>
> A user preference or some other way of disabling the use of WikiLove on a
> per-user basis might be nice. Similar to an e-mail's "unsubscribe" feature.
> I'm not sure if there's a bug filed about this already.
>
> MZMcBride
>
> Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the question, but users can already disable
the WikiLove feature on their editing preferences
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-editing (so
that a user doesn't ever see the WikiLove button).
Or, do you mean that users can disable the WikiLove button from appearing
above their userpage when someone else visits it? (so that a user can
opt-out of ever receiving WikiLove-derived messages).

-Liam