[Foundation-l] Letter to the community on Controversial Content

David Levy lifeisunfair at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 03:13:44 UTC 2011

Sue Gardner wrote:

> The Board is hoping there is a solution that will 1) enable readers to
> easily hide images they don't want to see, as laid out in the Board's
> resolution [1], while 2) being generally acceptable to editors. Maybe
> this will not be possible, but it's the goal.

As I've noted in other threads, Board member Samuel Klein has publicly
expressed support for the type of implementation discussed here:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Image_filter_referendum/en/Categories#general_image_filter_vs._category_system
or
http://goo.gl/t6ly5

Given the absence of elements widely cited as problematic, I believe
that something along these lines would be both feasible and "generally
acceptable to editors."

David Levy