[Foundation-l] An agenda for the meeting of the language committee

Bishakha Datta bishakhadatta at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 05:55:52 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 6:07 PM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>wrote:

> As I read the roster of the people who may attend, I am amazed at their
> qualifications. All people are involved in their
> Wikipedias<http://wikipedia.org/>in the
> Incubator <http://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page>, they are
> linguists, standard people, a script expert, Wikimedians.
>
> Hey Gerard,

Very impressed with the wide spread of languages/backgrounds in the Language
Committee...and lovely that you'll are meeting for the first time.

One thought occurred to me: there is no representation of Asian languages in
the committee (and I don't mean only Indian languages). Would the committee
want to consider an expansion in membership to include someone who is fluent
in one or more Asian languages?

Cheers
Bishakha