[Foundation-l] Licenses' biodiversity : my big disagreement with the Wikimedia usability initiative's software specifications

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 20:27:29 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 8:07 AM, Teofilo <teofilowiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the upload wizard should
>
> - allow non-CC licenses such as License art libre, or GNU GPL, GNU
> LGPL, Open Source Music License, etc...
> - when CC licenses are chosen, allow to pick up licenses from any
> version (2.0 or 2.5 or 3.0) and any country as freely as with
> http://creativecommons.org/choose/ , eliminating the "NC" and "ND"
> versions which don't fit Commons' licensing policy.

Guys, I read this whole thread (without following the links) and I am
confused. Teofilo, is this the main thing that you are asking for, or
are you asking for other things to change as well? I didn't understand
your first message. David, I think we've all gotten the picture that
you and Teofilo disagree about what a free license means/should be.
Everyone, let us keep the agricultural rhetoric to a minimum please.

regards,
phoebe