[Foundation-l] CC "open attribute" released

Teofilo teofilowiki at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 21:15:00 UTC 2011

2011/2/8 phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki at gmail.com>:
> this is just awesome:
> http://openattribute.com/
>
> Born at the Drumbeat festival, just released! See the backstory:
> http://mollykleinman.com/2011/02/07/announcing-open-attribute/

A little caveat, though : the question asked by Molly Kleinman : “What
are the barriers to reuse of open content?" is a very good question
and I thank her for asking and expressing it. But the answer to it
cannot be 100% technical. Even when technical barriers are removed,
one barrier remains which is the reliability of the information one
finds on the internet. For example the Brazilian Government himself
tries to release a painting by a famous Brazilian artist as a free
work at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ministeriodacultura/5283492602/
but I don't think the Brazilian Governement has the authority to do
so. Only the painter's estate can decide matters pertaining to the
copyright of the works of the now dead artist. So that the information
provided by the "open attribute" pluggin remains dubious. At all
events, that pluggin does not properly attribute the painter, although
it attributes the photographer.