[Foundation-l] Changes to the identification policies and procedures

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 19:38:29 UTC 2011

On 9 February 2011 19:33, Strainu <strainu10 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway, was there an event prompting this change or you just thought
> it was a great idea to get some IDs from the volunteers?

Yes. The previous arrangement was pretty much security theatre. I
emailed a scan of my driver's licence - it was genuine (OMG, the
Foundation know where I live!), but constructing a plausible fake
would have been ridiculously easy for pretty much anyone.

What is the threat model the new arrangement is intended to address?
This needs to be explained.

- d.