[Foundation-l] Changes to the identification policies and procedures

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 04:03:58 UTC 2011

Risker,

I'm not arguing here about the merits of the change itself. All I said is
that demanding answers about a very sensitive discussion on a private
mailing list is inappropriate right now, and that there's no reason to
panic, since the standard operating procedure is to make a public
announcement about something when a project is ready.

Demanding answers on Foundation-l is a lot different than the news about an
upcoming change trickling out into the community prior to an official
announcement. The latter does no harm. The former can derail a productive
discussion about a delicate issue before it's ready for public comment.