[Foundation-l] How SOPA will hurt the free web and Wikipedia

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Wed Dec 14 13:57:02 UTC 2011

On 14/12/2011 2:04 AM, Jussi-Ville Heiskanen wrote:
> I am genuinely not anti-american. The logic here does escape me though.

 From a lawmaker's point of view, this is clear enough: US-based
websites are reachable through the usual legal means and thus can be
shut down with local intervention instead of having to disappear them
through the infrastructure.  You can simply sue them to death without
having a pesky foreign government refusing to accept the decisions of
the media giants.

-- Coren / Marc