[Foundation-l] Along with Vector, a new look for changes to the Wikipedia identity

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Thu May 13 07:00:12 UTC 2010

Jay Walsh <jwalsh at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> SVG versions of the new globe, and the Wikipedia identity can be found here:
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimedia_official_marks
> I don't believe all of those assets have migrated to Commons yet.

The new, smaller logo is visible now on Wikipedia. I think it needs
refinement to reach professional quality. Keep in mind the logo
contest that produced the previous logo - the contest winning design
looked crude, but was the basis for the final version - which was
arrived at after some critiquing and tweaking.

-SC