[Foundation-l] It Has Begun Re: Appropriate surprise (Commons stuff)

Alec Conroy alecmconroy at gmail.com
Sun May 9 14:14:26 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 8:37 AM, Kim Bruning <kim at bruning.xs4all.nl> wrote:

> I would like to point out that the board's position and power is somewhat
> precarious at this point in time. They need to move quickly but
> *carefully*, should they wish to retain it.  The cannot afford to get
> back on this in a few weeks. I forsee a few emergency midnight
> sessions... ;-)

Here here.

300+ users have ordered the removal of Jimbo's founder powers.  Not
some of those powers, not half of those powers, ALL of those powers.
He doesn't get to negotiate his own remedies-- the community wants
doesn't want him to play the founder role.

He has disrupted the project and damaged our reputation far more than
any measely porn story ever could have, and he broke all our rules in
the process, and the community has ruled.

The *only* sane response for the board to this is for them to say:
   "Pursuant to consensus, Jimbo Wales powers are revoked"

But if they're not going to say that, they might as well say "Jimbo
Wales is more important than the entirety of the commmunity, and if
you have a problem with that, go away".      Call the board together,
have a nice vote, and give Jimbo his project back, dissolve the
foundation, and let the rest of us be on our way.

Any statements in between are only going to add to the crisis.   It's
community vs jimbo day.  WE hoped this day would never come, but it's
here.   Who trumps who?   The board needs to decide in no uncertain
terms and enforce its decision.