[Foundation-l] Threading

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Sun May 9 01:26:59 UTC 2010

Um, I thought it would be better to talk privately but surprised it is
forgotten at all so do it:

Users can burst digest format messages into separate mails locally. It
means, you can scan the digest and burst them into messages only if
you want to reply. Most of ancient mail user clients have this "burst"
function. If your mailers have no such function, there is still
possibilites to get a script and run. Search for "burst digest
messages".

By the way, Gmail doesn't seem to have that burst command, sad.

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 8:35 AM, Svip <svippy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9 May 2010 01:31, Dan Rosenthal <swatjester at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Even that solution sometimes creates new threads, for reasons unbeknownst to me.
>
> This is usually related to an error in your mail client or the mailman
> server.  It is usually a mail header (if you are using gmail, try
> clicking near a mail (the arrow down) and select 'show original') that
> tells whether it is a reply to another mail.
>
> Sophisticated clients like pine or mutt can figure out to draw an
> accurate tree.  Of course, gmail just renders its as a conversation,
> which is fine too.
>
> But digest is in this case the origin of this issue.  And even with
> gmail, using digest makes no sense, since gmail can sort it better
> than mailman in most cases.

KIZU Naoko
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/Britty (in Japanese)