[Foundation-l] Jimbo's Sexual Image Deletions

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Sat May 8 03:21:46 UTC 2010

Gregory Maxwell wrote:

> By in my first few clicks on Jimmy's deletion log I instantly found
> several hundred year old works of art by artists who have articles in
> almost every major language Wikipedia.

I confess I found a certain poignancy in reading the article
on one of the victims.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Adolphe_Bouguereau

"Bouguereaus works were eagerly bought by
American millionaires who considered him the most
important French artist of that time. But after 1920,
Bouguereau fell into disrepute, due in part to changing
tastes and partly to his staunch opposition to the
Impressionists who were finally gaining acceptance.
*For decades following, his name was not even
mentioned in encyclopedias.*"

(emphasis mine)

How sad.

Yours,