[Foundation-l] Vandalize wikipedia day on facebook

Anthony wikiagk at googlemail.com
Mon May 3 11:51:22 UTC 2010

>a friend of mine just pointed out this event on facebook, a vandalize wikipedia day

The event only involves a couple of hundred individuals, so it's not
really a big problem. If the event starts to take off (these kind of
things can quickly go viral on facebook), then a post at the
administrators' noticeboard on any affected projects (enwiki will
probably be the only one, I imagine) would be a sensible next step.
The event recommends "chang[ing] a random page to something stupid for
fun". That kind of vandalism is historically the type that we've been
best at catching, which is a plus.

>I'm not sure if WMF is aware, or if there is the possibility to close the page

As above, there are far bigger fish to fry. But it's worth keeping an
eye on the event page in case its exposure grows.

Well-spotted, Cruccone.

AGK