[Foundation-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Anya Shyrokova leaves Wikimedia

Rand Montoya rmontoya at wikimedia.org
Mon Jun 28 23:34:07 UTC 2010

Hey All--

It is with deep appreciation, many congratulations, and a touch of
sadness that I tell you that Anya Shyrokova will be leaving Wikimedia at
the end of July to go to graduate school.  Anya has been accepted to the
University of Michigan's School of Information.  Her last day at WMF
will be July 30, 2010.

Anya began work as our first Development Associate on August 26, 2008.
In September 2009, Anya earned a promotion to Stewardship Associate,
working with our middle donors ($500 to $10,000).  Anya was a large part
of the success of our 2008 and 2009 Annual Fundraisers, managing an
infinite amount of donor inquiries and setting up many of our policies
and procedures.

The fundraising team, along with the entire organization, will miss
Anya's eternal earnest hard work and her deep commitment to Wikimedia's
mission.   Please join me in wishing Anya the best as she pursues her
academic endeavors.  She has mentioned more than once that she plans on
staying involved in the projects and our mission.

Rand Montoya
Head of Community Giving

--
Rand Montoya
Head of Community Giving
Email: rand at wikimedia.org
Phone: 415.839.6885 x615
Fax: 415.882.0495
Cell: 510.685.7030

“At some future time, I hope to have something witty, intelligent, or
funny in this space.”

Please note: all replies sent to this mailing list will be immediately directed to Foundation-L, the public mailing list about the Wikimedia Foundation and its projects. For more information about Foundation-L: