[Foundation-l] 2010-11 Annual Plan Now Posted to Foundation Website

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 00:33:08 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Veronique Kessler
<vkessler at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The 2010-11 Annual Plan and Questions and Answers have just been posted
> to the Foundation website
> (http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Financial_reports#2010-2011_fiscal_year).
> The plan was approved by the Board last week.
>
> The 2010-11 plan differs from previous years in that this plan is rooted
> in the five-year (2010-2015) Wikimedia Strategy which has been developed
> collaboratively over the past year.  In 2010-11, we have planned
> continued growth over previous years reflecting continued and increased
> investments to serve our mission and increase our impact.
>
> The 2009-10 year is projected to exceed revenue targets and to be
> underspent in expenses primarily due to underspending in the first
> quarter of the 2009-10 fiscal year.
>
> Veronique

Thank you Veronique for posting this! I appreciate your continued
diligence in making material available to us.

I would like to encourage everyone to be sure and actually read this
plan closely; "continued growth" turns out to mean nearly doubling the
staff next year, and doubling the budget -- rather surprisingly
dramatic growth. There is a lot of change that is planned for here,
and many of these changes relate to areas that community members do
work in.

Personally, I would love to see some serious community discussion of
this plan both here and at Wikimania next week.

-- phoebe