[Foundation-l] Your abuse of moderator status

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 13:44:52 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 3:32 PM, Jeffrey Peters
<17peters at cardinalmail.cua.edu> wrote:
> Austin,
>
> Maybe you didn't realize but I am the top organizer of Wikiversity. Gerard's
> call for political activism against that organization is completely
> unacceptable and harms projects like my own that have to deal with large
> institutions and the rest.
>
> If you want to claim that I should be moderated, then push that fringe
> political view as you just did, then there is something very wrong here.
> Your statements about the legality have been 100% wrong, to an embarrassing
> extent. These two combined represent a very major problem.
>
> The Foundation-l is for Foundation discussion, and not for pushing fringe
> views that would embarrass our projects. You do realize that, right?
> Moderators serve only as long as they enforce that, and are you going to
> demonstrate in the above that you will be doing 100% opposite of your job?
>
> Sincerely,
> Jeffrey Peters
> aka Ottava Rima

1. My name is André, not Austin
2. The first one to call for moderation was you
3. If copyleft is embarassing wikiversity, then I propose you leave
the Wikimedia Foundation, because it happens to be  one of our
principles
4. I did not abuse my moderator status, i donáf [pyojh[- n[  ¾»bnyttfg

André Engels, andreengels at gmail.com