[Foundation-l] ASCAP comes out against "copyleft"

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 01:26:37 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 2:07 AM, Jeffrey Peters
<17peters at cardinalmail.cua.edu> wrote:

> Thank you for clarifying. I put forth another email based on the expectation
> of the point you just made (so, thus, I am sorry for assuming you were
> speaking against the law and not in support of the license itself).

We can only go with the information we have. And the information in
this case was the actual letter. That letter _nowhere_ specifies what
law they are fighting for or against. Instead, it says that they are
fighting against groups that "promote Copyleft in order to undermine
our Copyright." When _I_ read that, I get the impression that they are
fighting against copyleft. Clearly, others have understood the same
thing. Apparently to you the combination of having that understanding
and being in favor of copyleft is enough for you to attack people and
flame them to death. I find that worrysome.

André Engels, andreengels at gmail.com