[Foundation-l] ASCAP comes out against "copyleft"

Jeffrey Peters 17peters at cardinalmail.cua.edu
Fri Jun 25 23:39:00 UTC 2010

Dear James,

If that was what Michael was saying, then I apologize for what I said to
him. However, I think the problem could be is that some people see only what
wired.com says (i.e. targetting Creative Commons, etc) and not the law that
was being passed that the backers of those were in opposition to (i.e. the
anti-piracy law. As I pointed out in the WSJ article, was something Lawrence
Lessig would be against as he wanted, if you read the very end, to end any
enforcement of copyright laws against P2P people, which happens to be
blatant piracy).

I am all for my chosing to release my content without any copyright
restrictions. I am against forcing everyone to do the same, as there is a
lot of content of my own that I do not release freely and I would not want
to be released freely.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey Peters
aka Ottava Rima