[Foundation-l] Reconsidering the policy "one language - one Wikipedia"

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 25 19:56:20 UTC 2010

--- On Fri, 6/25/10, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Foundation-l] Reconsidering the policy "one language - one Wikipedia"
> Date: Friday, June 25, 2010, 2:05 PM
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 8:59 PM,
> Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 8:41 PM, Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >> Such strong labeling of the goals and make-up of
> this group wishing to work on a Medical Encyclopedia for
> Children really needs to be supported by some evidence.
> Especially as I don't believe they are participating in this
> conversation and therefore unable to clarify. I am afraid I
> don't speak German, but I would like to see what I can
> gather from machine translation if you would please direct
> me to the proper links.
> >
> > A number of times I said that I don't have anything
> against
> > professional-driven efforts. If it is so, it would
> mean that they are
> > able make a valid scientific elaborate about their
> project, too.
> >

> One more point: It is not about me to prove that potential
> project
> doesn't have relevant scientific basis, but it is about
> project
> proposers to prove that they have.

I am not asking you to prove anything about this project.  I just want to know where you got the idea that this proposal can be accurately summarized as a " Wikipedia fork with dumb language"  and that the proto-contributors are biased adults with an ideological agenda. I don’t recall ever seeing a link to the actual proposal in this thread and I am wondering where you have read discussion and ideas of these Germans who are interested in contributing to a Medical Encyclopedia for Children.

I can't help but wonder if you have an accurate understanding of what is being proposed. I would like to read their ideas for myself rather than accepting your characterization at face value.

I am only asking for links to the discussion of this proposal.  Not links that prove/disprove the scientific basis of anything.

Birgitte SB