[Foundation-l] Reconsidering the policy "one language - one Wikipedia"

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 19:31:28 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 9:21 PM, Samuel Klein <meta.sj at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> finding relevant pedagogues who would lead child contributors.
>
> That's a fine idea.  Also finding active middle- and high-school
> students interested in leading such a project.  There are some
> examples already, from the Grundschul wiki to the Children's
> Encyclopedia of Women, of specific groups of students starting a
> project intended to be a global space to collaborate.

Yes.

My main point is that creating such project is not creating "just
another Wikimedia project", as it needs much more efforts than just
opening a project.

I am not happy to approve new Wikinews project at LangCom because I
know how hard is to keep it alive. I would really like to include
recommendations from Wikinews community as mandatory for creating a
new project. But, at last, I can say that I don't care. If someone
wants Wikinews, it is about her or him.

But, there is no chance that I would be willing to approve any
Wikijunior project without relevant experts who would lead such
project. My personal responsibility for creating a Wikijunior project
would be much higher than for creating a Wikinews project.