[Foundation-l] Reconsidering the policy "one language - one Wikipedia"

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 16:23:44 UTC 2010

Hoi,
A great idea, but let us not forget: بسيط  պարզ  უბრალო  פשוט  簡単な 간 단한
прост  简单 łatwy  எளிய  సరళమైన  ง่าย  or mộc mạc. We could even be bold and
have a complete URL in the scripts of these languages.. I have been in
favour for us to research this for a long time..

When you are going to consider simple Wikipedias for all languages, please
also consider how we will deal with different orthographies.. A child of 10
speaking Portuguese will have considerably more problems reading either the
South American or the European variant. Once we can have a simple project in
both orthographies, what is the rationale for denying a full Wikipedia?
Thanks,
      GerardM