[Foundation-l] encouraging women's participation

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 21:33:38 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 6:27 PM, Nikola Smolenski <smolensk at eunet.rs> wrote:
> Дана Saturday 19 June 2010 08:37:37 Milos Rancic написа:
>> I don't think that it is particularly interesting to see someone's
>> edits. If you are not a passionate Wikimedian, of course.
>
> If your friends are so disinterested in Wikipedia that they aren't even
> interested in your contributions to it, why would they be interested in using
> Wikipedia as their social network?

I am not interested in my own edits. They are very boring. I don't
have any especial interest in, let's say, Mardetanha's edits at fa.wp
as I don't know Persian. However, he is my friend and I am interested
in what is going with him. I can inform myself about him at Facebook
or at Twitter, but I could do that at Wikimedia, too. Which means that
I could spend much more time on Wikimedia and probably to make some
fix or a little bigger edit anywhere. Instead, I am just doing my
bureaucratic tasks, while I am socializing at some other place. Which
gives my content there, not to Wikimedia.