[Foundation-l] encouraging women's participation

Pavlo Shevelo pavlo.shevelo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 00:42:39 UTC 2010

> If wikipedia is to survive it needs to be fun. If wikipedia is going
> to get a broad coverage it needs to be easy.

Exactly!

> Given that 99% of the population is over 6 billion people 1 edit every
> ten days would result in a lot of worthwhile edits.

As to the best of my belief the healthier (more natural, organic)
future of WP and all other projects is contribution of wast amount of
people who work not so regularly - mainly when "curiosity strikes"
versus fierce/fanatic :-P activity of (relatively) very small ...tribe
of wp-geeks (like we are :) ).

pavlo