[Foundation-l] Donation of Encyclopedic Entries on Famous Poems

Jeffrey Peters 17peters at cardinalmail.cua.edu
Tue Jun 22 00:33:28 UTC 2010

Dear MZMcBride,

As you can see from *The Author's Farce* (
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Author's_Farce), I work first by
writing a standard page then simplify it. It is currently at the 11th grade
level, which is actually below many Simple English DYK noms that I have
simplified from other people before to allow them to proceed. It would be
difficult to write a scholarly work straight into Simple English, but, as I
have shown, it is easy to write it first in standard scholarly language them
simplify.

I would like to ask more writers of quality content on the standard
Wikipedia to simplify their material, after returning to the sources to make
sure the simplifcation falls within the source material, so that Simple
English will have more high quality pages.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey Peters
aka Ottava Rima