[Foundation-l] encouraging women's participation

Keegan Peterzell keegan.wiki at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 06:26:11 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 12:00 AM, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com>wrote:

> The characterization of my mainstreaming suggestion as "dumb-down
> Wikipedia enough to attract women" is exceptionally uncharitable and
> contributed significantly to my impression that you were trying to
> make a target out of me.   Just so there is no lack of clarity on this
> point, I'm opposed to "dumbing down" in general and the idea that
> anything would need to be made _dumb_ to attract Women is completely
> unsupported by any information that I've seen.  Making things more
> attractive to typical people doesn't mean making them dumber.

As a passive reader of this thread, I'd like to come to both of your
defenses.

Greg, I don't think anyone was reading your thread with that as the
implication.  I certainly didn't take it that way, and I don't think Ryan
did.  He was making a supplemental point of the issue.  No big deal, both
posts are well thought out and while slightly contrary in nature, have the
same end point.
--
~Keegan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Keegan