[Foundation-l] Wikipedia trade mark misuse

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed Jun 16 07:52:14 UTC 2010

Thomas Dalton wrote:
> On 15 June 2010 00:17, Jussi-Ville Heiskanen wrote:
>
>> Tardises are antiquated visual whatchamacallits, but not
>> even remotely "trademarks".
>>
> Now you are just embarrassing yourself. Check your facts:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/2352743.stm

You misrepresent your own case. If you read the article carefully you
will see that the police could not prevent the BBC from using the police
box image on T-shirts and other promotional material. Nowhere does it
say the the police could no longer use the image.

I have a copy of "Wiki Wiki Kau Kau Cookbook", first published in 1954,
Ward Cunningham did adapt the word to the computer age, but it was
already in use for other contexts.

Ec