[Foundation-l] Top posting

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 11:44:29 UTC 2010

Hoi,
An important thread has been derailed by an off topic comment. For your
information, and for the somanyth time, top posting comes easy when you use
a modern tool like GMAIL. It automatically hides whatever came before. This
whole notion has no relevance to me as a consequence.  I get hundreds of
mails and the notion that one should be answered differently then others is
not easy to consider. I answer to the content to a mail and that is not
related to who will receive it.

Given that for people who use software that is not as helpful as mine, the
experience rates as a nuisance as I appreciate it. It is similar to the use
of words or acronyms that are likely not to be understood. For me KTHX is
one such, the top rated result makes it a radio station and it took me some
time to find that it is likely to mean "Ok, thanks".  The point is not that
such words or acronyms should not be used, it is just to indicate that
nuisances come in many forms and are a fact of life.
Thanks,
        GerardM