[Foundation-l] Are Wikimedia websites a proper venue for an artistic contest ?

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 13:23:45 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 9:19 AM, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does educational value figure in the PotD or PotY contests? It should.
> Other projects have contests to produce content; it drives
> participation and quality. As long as the value being sought is
> understood ("great content that furthers the project mission"), then I
> don't see the problem.
>
> Nathan

In answer to my own question, the picture contests revolve around
featured images - and the featured image requirements include an
assessment of value that is based upon several criteria related to the
core Commons mission.

Nathan

--
Your donations keep Wikipedia running! Support the Wikimedia
Foundation today: http://www.wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate