[Foundation-l] Collapsed galleries for particularly explicit images

Andreas Kolbe jayen466 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 01:22:38 UTC 2010

Call me an optimist -- I retain the hope that such discussions may not remain circular forever, but eventually might come to resemble a spiral, with some upwards movement, as has happened in other areas like BLP.

In discussions around these issues, it is easy for people on both sides of the argument to get very defensive. And some arguments appear to be based on the belief that [[WP:NOTCENSORED]] states, as a fundamental WP policy, "We shall never do anything that lessens offence caused to others."

[[WP:NOTCENSORED]] does not actually say that, nor would most of us live our private lives that way.

[[WP:NOTCENSORED]] says that we will not remove content just because it is objectionable. It does not say that we cannot exercise editorial judgment in how we present that content, or that we must always choose the way which has maximum shock value, or causes maximum offence.

A.