[Foundation-l] Texts deleted on French Wikisource

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 15:07:11 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 6:33 AM, Yann Forget <yannfo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could someone please explain the following from this page:
> http://www.chillingeffects.org/dmca/counter512.pdf
>
> 1. What does it mean that "I consent to accept service of process from
> the party who submitted the take-down notice"?
>
> 2. In the phrase "Each of those works were removed in error and I
> believe my posting them does not infringe anyone else's rights." Does
> it mean "does not infringe anyone else's rights _in USA_"? or
> everywhere in the world?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Yann

Process service is when you are given notification of a suit or legal
action. If you've ever heard the phrase "you've been served" - that's
what this refers to. In some situations, you have to be notified of
the existence of a legal action in order for it to proceed against
you.

As for the second part, I'd imagine it means "anyone else's rights" as
written - not specific to those that originate in the U.S.

~Nathan