[Foundation-l] hiding interlanguage links by default is a Bad Idea, part 2

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 21:27:12 UTC 2010

Mariano Cecowski wrote:
> --- El jue 3-jun-10, phoebe ayers escribió:
>> That said, having the # of languages and/or a global
>> selector as
>> others have mentioned are both good ideas too and could be
>> a good
>> compromise.
>
> Can't we use a flag in a cookie to remember the choice of show/collapse the language list ? That is simple and elegant (like me!)
>
> MarianoC.-

It does use it. What is being discussed here is the dafault, which is
the one that will appear to users which, come to the wiki for first time
(eg. random internet browser), change wikis (they are mainly active on
one wiki, and crosschecks to other wikis, he will want the full
interwiki list), and whenever you clear their cookies (something that
should be done regularly).

Even if we show them expanded by default, there will be some people
hiding them and unable to find them back, but that would (hopefully) be
negligible.