[Foundation-l] hiding interlanguage links by default is a Bad Idea, part 2

Bence Damokos bdamokos at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 20:15:18 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 9:39 PM, Aryeh Gregor
<Simetrical+wikilist at gmail.com<Simetrical%2Bwikilist at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> Why would anyone link me to an article on ka.wikipedia?  That's not a
> reasonable thing to imagine.  I don't think I know anyone who speaks
> Georgian, and if I do, they wouldn't have any reason to link me to an
> article in Georgian.  If they did, I'd probably use Google Translate.

Just to illustrate this possibility:
If I search for "Fizika Wikipédia" (Physics Wikipedia in Hungarian) the
third result from the top is the Kikongo Wikipedia article - and there are
other cases where Google offers Wikipedia results in unexpected languages
especially if the search term's language and the Google interface language
mismatches or if accent marks are ignored.

Best regards,
Bence