[Foundation-l] Texts deleted on French Wikisource

Ryan Kaldari rkaldari at wikimedia.org
Fri Jun 4 18:51:50 UTC 2010

On 6/4/10 3:41 AM, Peter Gervai wrote:
> Or we can reasonably expect them to ask for real legal advice from (or
> paid by) the WMF and_then_  accept the_known_  risk to file a
> counter-notice.

The Wikimedia Foundation cannot simultaneously act as an impartial (and
therefore non-liable) host and as legal council for one of the parties.
John's suggestion is good advice - seek legal council from among the
community. In the meantime, I'll try to put together a quick guide for
filing counter-notices with the Foundation when I get some free time.

Ryan Kaldari