[Foundation-l] hiding interlanguage links by default is a Bad Idea, part 2

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 23:41:53 UTC 2010

It would be nice to actually have a place at the usability wiki to
discuss this.

My own view is that the actual list of languages was the ideal
interface object in   fulfilling many purposes (as discussed in the
posts above) and implying multiple levels of understanding without the
need for explanation or discussion. For example, that it   varied
authomatically from article to article   showed the overall level of
progress on the multiple projects.

In showing Wikipedia to new users this list was always noticed and
proved a very expressive statement.

The attitude shown by Trevor's reply speaks for itself in terms of the
relationship between the "internal" experts and  the community. I
think that it was his wording that induced me to finally post on the
issue.

--
David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.