[Foundation-l] Office action

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 03:31:19 UTC 2010

On 3 June 2010 00:54, Mike Godwin <mnemonic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, it is correct that I will comply with a DMCA (or equivalent) takedown
> notice.  In this respect, I'm like just about every lawyer everywhere who
> represents a service provider.  Perhaps they are all bad lawyers, but at
> least I'm in good company if they are.

I will remind you that Wikipedia hosts information about a number of
individuals and organization who have been known to file DMCA notices
on materials that they either do not hold the rights on at all or
which clearly fall within fair use in order to suppress information.

So are you going to accept all DMCA notices regardless of how valid
you feel the copyright claim is?

--
geni