[Foundation-l] Monthly Recurring Giving

Philippe Beaudette pbeaudette at wikimedia.org
Wed Dec 15 12:48:29 UTC 2010

Thanks, Liam.  The hope is that  this consistent income stream will provide the Foundation with a steady source of income while giving donors another method for giving that might fit their lifestyle.  it has certainly been heavily requested.

By past donors, I refer to both people who have donated this year and in the past.  I honestly don't know how far the database goes back, but i will see if I can find out.  Our database consists of about 600,000 donors, I believe, but this is a very rough number. Many duplicate records exist, and there is a definite need for some serious data clean-up work.  in addition, we have almost no information on a donor if she moves, for instance.
We began a test mailing about recurring giving today, and expect to roll it out more widely over the rest of the week.

Philippe